Connecticut Department of Revenue Services
Return to CT.Gov Home
State of Connecticut Department of Revenue Services
Taxpayer Answer Center
 Frequently Asked Questions 
Email DRS
 My Mailbox 
  show accessible links  
 Search by Category View Category Hierarchy
  Search Tips 

  Answer ID  
  Select a Category  
  Registration for Business Taxes
    New Business

 Printer Friendly Version of This Answer  Print Answer

 Email This Answer  Email Answer
  Out-of-state business registering to collect use tax

Q. I am an out of state business without a physical presence in Connecticut but I would like to collect and remit the use tax for my Connecticut customers. How do I obtain a Connecticut tax registration number?


A. To apply for the authority to collect Connecticut use tax complete Form REG-7.  There is no registration fee required when submitting Form REG-7. You qualify to use this form only if you are an out-of-state retailer without a physical presence in Connecticut and you are delivering your product into the state by mail or common carrier.

This answer is intended to provide general information concerning a frequently asked question about a current position, policy, or practice associated with the taxes administered by the Connecticut Department of Revenue Services.  It may include an informal interpretation of Connecticut tax law by the Department of Revenue Services (DRS).  However, it is not intended to serve as a legal ruling.

  Users who viewed this answer have also viewed
Back to Search Results
  Back to Search Results  

Home | home | Send Feedback

State of Connecticut Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. Copyright © 2002, 2003, 2004 State of Connecticut.