Connecticut Department of Revenue Services
Return to CT.Gov Home
State of Connecticut Department of Revenue Services
Taxpayer Answer Center
 Frequently Asked Questions 
Email DRS
 My Mailbox 
  show accessible links  
 Search by Category View Category Hierarchy
  Search Tips 

  Answer ID  
  Select a Category  
  Individual Income Tax
    Payment Options

 Printer Friendly Version of This Answer  Print Answer

 Email This Answer  Email Answer
  Amount on Form 1099-G does not match last year's refund

Q. Why would the amount reported on Form 1099-G be different from the amount of last year’s refund check?


A. The amount reported on the Form 1099-G includes the total overpayment of last year's Connecticut income tax. In addition to the amount that we sent to you as a refund, we are required to report to the Internal Revenue Service any part of the overpayment that:

  • you instructed us to apply to your estimated tax,
  • you chose to donate to one of the charities listed on the Connecticut income tax return,
  • you applied to pay Connecticut use tax reported on your Connecticut income tax return, or
  • was used to offset a debt you owed to the Department of Revenue Services, another Connecticut state agency, or to the Internal Revenue Service.

If you believe that the amount reported to you on Form 1099-G is incorrect, you may contact the Refunds Unit during business hours (8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m., weekdays) at 860-297-4845.

This answer is intended to provide general information concerning a frequently asked question about a current position, policy, or practice associated with the taxes administered by the Connecticut Department of Revenue Services.  It may include an informal interpretation of Connecticut tax law by the Department of Revenue Services (DRS).  However, it is not intended to serve as a legal ruling.

  Users who viewed this answer have also viewed
Back to Search Results
  Back to Search Results  

Home | home | Send Feedback

State of Connecticut Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. Copyright © 2002, 2003, 2004 State of Connecticut.