Connecticut Department of Revenue Services
Return to CT.Gov Home
State of Connecticut Department of Revenue Services
Taxpayer Answer Center
 Frequently Asked Questions 
Email DRS
 My Mailbox 
  show accessible links  
 Search by Category View Category Hierarchy
  Search Tips 

  Answer ID  
  Select a Category  
  Individual Income Tax
    Payment Options

 Printer Friendly Version of This Answer  Print Answer

 Email This Answer  Email Answer
  I moved after filing and did not get my refund.

Q. I moved after filing my return.  What will happen to my refund check?


A. If you gave the post office a forwarding address, the check will be returned to DRS and the post office will notify us of your new address.  We will then send the check to your new address.  If you did not provide a forwarding address with the post office, you should change your address either by telephoning the Registration Unit during business hours at 860-297-4885 or by completing Form CT-8822, Change of Address.

If you do not receive your check and we tell you that it was not returned to us, you will have to complete Form CT-3911 to request a stop payment on the original check.  We will then issue a replacement check. 

This answer is intended to provide general information concerning a frequently asked question about a current position, policy, or practice associated with the taxes administered by the Connecticut Department of Revenue Services.  It may include an informal interpretation of Connecticut tax law by the Department of Revenue Services (DRS).  However, it is not intended to serve as a legal ruling.

Back to Search Results
  Back to Search Results  

Home | home | Send Feedback

State of Connecticut Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. Copyright © 2002, 2003, 2004 State of Connecticut.