Connecticut Department of Revenue Services
Return to CT.Gov Home
State of Connecticut Department of Revenue Services
Taxpayer Answer Center
 Frequently Asked Questions 
Email DRS
 My Mailbox 
  show accessible links  
 Search by Category View Category Hierarchy
  Search Tips 

  Answer ID  
  Select a Category  
  Individual Income Tax
    Payment Options

 Printer Friendly Version of This Answer  Print Answer

 Email This Answer  Email Answer
  Checking on a refund from a return filed in a prior year.

Q. I never received my income tax refund from a prior year.  Is there a way to check on whether it was ever delivered to me?


A. If the Post Office is unable to deliver a refund check to you because your address changed, the check is returned to this agency. If you left a forwarding address with the Post Office, that new address will be provided to DRS with the returned check and the check will be mailed by DRS to the new address.  If it has been more than 12 weeks since the return was filed, you may call 860-297-5962 to check on the status of your refund.

This answer is intended to provide general information concerning a frequently asked question about a current position, policy, or practice associated with the taxes administered by the Connecticut Department of Revenue Services.  It may include an informal interpretation of Connecticut tax law by the Department of Revenue Services (DRS).  However, it is not intended to serve as a legal ruling.

  Users who viewed this answer have also viewed
Back to Search Results
  Back to Search Results  

Home | home | Send Feedback

State of Connecticut Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. Copyright © 2002, 2003, 2004 State of Connecticut.