Connecticut Department of Revenue Services
Return to CT.Gov Home
State of Connecticut Department of Revenue Services
Taxpayer Answer Center
 Frequently Asked Questions 
Email DRS
 My Mailbox 
  show accessible links  
 Search by Category View Category Hierarchy
  Search Tips 

  Answer ID  
  Select a Category  
  Electronic Filing and Payment
    Payment Options, EFT & Credit Card

 Printer Friendly Version of This Answer  Print Answer

 Email This Answer  Email Answer
  Must returns be filed electronically if payment is made electronically?

Q. If I am required to pay my taxes by electronic funds transfer (EFT), must I electronically file my return?


A. All taxpayers required to remit sales and use tax, admissions and dues tax, business use tax, room occupancy tax, and withholding tax by EFT must also file their returns for this tax electronically using the TSC. Payroll service providers can also file state and federal tax and wage reports for withholding tax over the Internet using the Federal/State Employment Taxes (FSET) program.

This answer is intended to provide general information concerning a frequently asked question about a current position, policy, or practice associated with the taxes administered by the Connecticut Department of Revenue Services.  It may include an informal interpretation of Connecticut tax law by the Department of Revenue Services (DRS).  However, it is not intended to serve as a legal ruling.

  Users who viewed this answer have also viewed
Back to Search Results
  Back to Search Results  

Home | home | Send Feedback

State of Connecticut Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. Copyright © 2002, 2003, 2004 State of Connecticut.