Connecticut Department of Revenue Services
Return to CT.Gov Home
State of Connecticut Department of Revenue Services
Taxpayer Answer Center
 Frequently Asked Questions 
Email DRS
 My Mailbox 
  show accessible links  
 Search by Category View Category Hierarchy
  Search Tips 

  Answer ID  
  Select a Category  
  Sales and Use Tax
    Sales Tax Permit/Resale Number

 Printer Friendly Version of This Answer  Print Answer

 Email This Answer  Email Answer
  Requirements to sell at a flea market, craft show, trade show, antique show

Q. Do I need to register if I will be selling at a flea market, craft show, trade show, antique show or fair?


A. You must obtain a Sales and Use Tax Permit before making any sales.  The requirement to obtain a permit applies regardless of the number of sales that will be made or the amount of tax that will be collected.   Please review the information on Vendors of Flea Markets, Craft Shows, Fairs webpage.

However, out-of state retailers may display goods or promote services and take orders for acceptance outside Connecticut at the Convention Center up to 14 days during the retailer's income year for federal tax purposes without registering for Connecticut sales and use taxes (Conn. Gen. Stat. § 12-407(a)(15)(D)).

(Updated: 2015)

This answer is intended to provide general information concerning a frequently asked question about a current position, policy, or practice associated with the taxes administered by the Connecticut Department of Revenue Services.  It may include an informal interpretation of Connecticut tax law by the Department of Revenue Services (DRS).  However, it is not intended to serve as a legal ruling.

  Users who viewed this answer have also viewed
Back to Search Results
  Back to Search Results  

Home | home | Send Feedback

State of Connecticut Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. Copyright © 2002, 2003, 2004 State of Connecticut.