Connecticut Department of Revenue Services
Return to CT.Gov Home
State of Connecticut Department of Revenue Services
Taxpayer Answer Center
 Frequently Asked Questions 
Email DRS
 My Mailbox 
  show accessible links  
 Search by Category View Category Hierarchy
  Search Tips 

  Answer ID  
  Select a Category  
  Sales and Use Tax
    Sales Tax Permit/Resale Number

 Printer Friendly Version of This Answer  Print Answer

 Email This Answer  Email Answer
  Can I get a temporary or one-day sellers permit?

Q.  Does the Department of Revenue Services issue temporary (one-day / one-event) sales tax permits?


A. No. The Department of Revenue Services does not issue temporary sales tax permits. If you will be making sales in the regular course of business, even for one day, review the information on Applying for a Sales Tax Permit. Once the permit is issued, it is valid until revoked by the Department of Revenue Services or cancelled by the taxpayer. Sales tax returns must be filed for each filing period until the business closes or no longer conducts business in Connecticut. If you are closing your Connecticut business or if your out-of-state business will no longer be conducting business in Connecticut, follow the instructions on the Closing or Ending a Business webpage.

(Updated: 2015)

This answer is intended to provide general information concerning a frequently asked question about a current position, policy, or practice associated with the taxes administered by the Connecticut Department of Revenue Services.  It may include an informal interpretation of Connecticut tax law by the Department of Revenue Services (DRS).  However, it is not intended to serve as a legal ruling.

  Users who viewed this answer have also viewed
Back to Search Results
  Back to Search Results  

Home | home | Send Feedback

State of Connecticut Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. Copyright © 2002, 2003, 2004 State of Connecticut.