Connecticut Department of Revenue Services
Return to CT.Gov Home
State of Connecticut Department of Revenue Services
Taxpayer Answer Center
 Frequently Asked Questions 
Email DRS
 My Mailbox 
  show accessible links  
 Search by Category View Category Hierarchy
  Search Tips 

  Answer ID  
  Select a Category  
  Sales and Use Tax
    Sales Tax Permit/Resale Number

 Printer Friendly Version of This Answer  Print Answer

 Email This Answer  Email Answer
  Requirements for Out of State Contractors doing work in CT

Q. I am an out-of-state building contractor who will be working on a project in Connecticut.  What are my requirements with the Department of Revenue Services?


A. Besides completing Form REG-1, Business Taxes Registration Application, to register for sales and use tax and any other applicable state tax, a nonresident building contractor, nonresident building subcontractor, and the person doing business with the nonresident contractor may be required to comply with certain requirements for posting security to ensure that a nonresident contractor pays all applicable Connecticut taxes. See SN 2012(2), 2011 Legislative Changes to the Procedures Governing Nonresident Contractors

(Updated: 2015)

This answer is intended to provide general information concerning a frequently asked question about a current position, policy, or practice associated with the taxes administered by the Connecticut Department of Revenue Services.  It may include an informal interpretation of Connecticut tax law by the Department of Revenue Services (DRS).  However, it is not intended to serve as a legal ruling.

  Users who viewed this answer have also viewed
Back to Search Results
  Back to Search Results  

Home | home | Send Feedback

State of Connecticut Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. Copyright © 2002, 2003, 2004 State of Connecticut.