Connecticut Department of Revenue Services
Return to CT.Gov Home
State of Connecticut Department of Revenue Services
Taxpayer Answer Center
 Frequently Asked Questions 
Email DRS
 My Mailbox 
  show accessible links  
 Search by Category View Category Hierarchy
  Search Tips 

  Answer ID  
  Select a Category  
  Registration for Business Taxes
    Changes to an Existing Account

 Printer Friendly Version of This Answer  Print Answer

 Email This Answer  Email Answer
  Change in Sales Tax filing frequency

Q. Can I request to change my sales tax filing frequency?


A. Taxpayers are assigned a filing frequency based upon the amount of tax remitted during the previous year.  Sales tax filing frequency is either monthly, quarterly or annual.  When you first obtain the permit, your business will most likely be placed on a quarterly filing frequency.  You may request to file your returns more frequently than the assigned frequency.  To do so, send your request to:

Department of Revenue Services
Registration Maintenance Unit
PO Box 2937
Hartford CT 06104-2937

Until you are notified that your request has been approved, continue using your assigned frequency.

This answer is intended to provide general information concerning a frequently asked question about a current position, policy, or practice associated with the taxes administered by the Connecticut Department of Revenue Services.  It may include an informal interpretation of Connecticut tax law by the Department of Revenue Services (DRS).  However, it is not intended to serve as a legal ruling.

  Users who viewed this answer have also viewed
Back to Search Results
  Back to Search Results  

Home | home | Send Feedback

State of Connecticut Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. Copyright © 2002, 2003, 2004 State of Connecticut.