Connecticut Department of Revenue Services
Return to CT.Gov Home
State of Connecticut Department of Revenue Services
Taxpayer Answer Center
 Frequently Asked Questions 
Email DRS
 My Mailbox 
  show accessible links  
 Search by Category View Category Hierarchy
  Search Tips 

  Answer ID  
  Select a Category  
  Sales and Use Tax
      Meals and Lodging

 Printer Friendly Version of This Answer  Print Answer

 Email This Answer  Email Answer
  Organizations exempt from sale and use taxes

Q. What organizations are exempt from sales and use taxes?


A. Certain governmental organizations and certain charitable and religious organizations are exempt from sales and use taxes. Please review the information found in the Qualifying Exempt Organizations section of Getting Started in Business. Click the link to Getting Started in Business on the Starting a New Business webpage.

(Updated: 2015)

This answer is intended to provide general information concerning a frequently asked question about a current position, policy, or practice associated with the taxes administered by the Connecticut Department of Revenue Services.  It may include an informal interpretation of Connecticut tax law by the Department of Revenue Services (DRS).  However, it is not intended to serve as a legal ruling.

  Users who viewed this answer have also viewed
Back to Search Results
  Back to Search Results  

Home | home | Send Feedback

State of Connecticut Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. Copyright © 2002, 2003, 2004 State of Connecticut.