Connecticut Department of Revenue Services
Return to CT.Gov Home
State of Connecticut Department of Revenue Services
Taxpayer Answer Center
 Frequently Asked Questions 
Email DRS
 My Mailbox 
  show accessible links  
 Search by Category View Category Hierarchy
  Search Tips 

  Answer ID  
  Select a Category  
  Sales and Use Tax
      Meals and Lodging

 Printer Friendly Version of This Answer  Print Answer

 Email This Answer  Email Answer
  Meals and Lodging purchased by nonprofit organizations

Q. Can a nonprofit organization purchase meals and lodging exempt from tax?


A. There are certain conditions that must be met in order for a qualifying exempt organization to be able to purchase meals and lodging exempt from tax. Please review the Purchases of Meals and Lodging webpage

(Updated: 2015)

This answer is intended to provide general information concerning a frequently asked question about a current position, policy, or practice associated with the taxes administered by the Connecticut Department of Revenue Services.  It may include an informal interpretation of Connecticut tax law by the Department of Revenue Services (DRS).  However, it is not intended to serve as a legal ruling.

  Users who viewed this answer have also viewed
Back to Search Results
  Back to Search Results  

Home | home | Send Feedback

State of Connecticut Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. Copyright © 2002, 2003, 2004 State of Connecticut.