Connecticut Department of Revenue Services
Return to CT.Gov Home
State of Connecticut Department of Revenue Services
Taxpayer Answer Center
 Frequently Asked Questions 
Email DRS
 My Mailbox 
  show accessible links  
 Search by Category View Category Hierarchy
  Search Tips 

  Answer ID  
  Select a Category  
  Sales and Use Tax
      Meals and Lodging

 Printer Friendly Version of This Answer  Print Answer

 Email This Answer  Email Answer
  Exemptions from sales and use taxes for fishermen

Q. Are there any exemptions from sales and use tax that apply to fishermen?


A. Yes. There are two specific exemptions that apply to commercial fishermen. One exempts from sales and use taxes materials, rope, fishing nets, tools and fuel, or any substitute used directly in the fishing industry. The other exemption allows a fisherman that qualifies for and has been issued a Fishermen Tax Exemption Permit by the Connecticut Department of Revenue Services to purchase a commercial fishing vessel exempt from tax. Please review information on the Fisherman Tax Exemption by visiting Programs and Services.

(Updated: 2015)

This answer is intended to provide general information concerning a frequently asked question about a current position, policy, or practice associated with the taxes administered by the Connecticut Department of Revenue Services.  It may include an informal interpretation of Connecticut tax law by the Department of Revenue Services (DRS).  However, it is not intended to serve as a legal ruling.

Back to Search Results
  Back to Search Results  

Home | home | Send Feedback

State of Connecticut Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. Copyright © 2002, 2003, 2004 State of Connecticut.