Connecticut Department of Revenue Services
Return to CT.Gov Home
State of Connecticut Department of Revenue Services
Taxpayer Answer Center
 Frequently Asked Questions 
Email DRS
 My Mailbox 
  show accessible links  
 Search by Category View Category Hierarchy
  Search Tips 

  Answer ID  
  Select a Category  
  Sales and Use Tax
    Filing and Completing the Return

 Printer Friendly Version of This Answer  Print Answer

 Email This Answer  Email Answer
  Reporting sales made at a consignment shop - Owner of goods (Consignor)

Q. I bring goods to a consignment shop.  Do I have to report the sales made by the consignment shop?


A. If you are in the business of making sales, you must also report the sale of the goods on Form OS-114, Line 1, Column 1, but then must deduct it on the back of the return on Line A, Other Adjustments - Sales of Goods, Column 1. The consignor must include on Line A the statement "Sales made and tax collected by (name of consignee and the consignee's Connecticut Tax Registration Number)." If the consignment shop is selling items of tangible personal property subject to the 7% rate, such as jewelry, report gross receipts from the sale of goods on Form OS-114, Line 1, Column 2 instead of Column 1.

(Updated: 2015)

This answer is intended to provide general information concerning a frequently asked question about a current position, policy, or practice associated with the taxes administered by the Connecticut Department of Revenue Services.  It may include an informal interpretation of Connecticut tax law by the Department of Revenue Services (DRS).  However, it is not intended to serve as a legal ruling.

Back to Search Results
  Back to Search Results  

Home | home | Send Feedback

State of Connecticut Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. Copyright © 2002, 2003, 2004 State of Connecticut.