Connecticut Department of Revenue Services
Return to CT.Gov Home
State of Connecticut Department of Revenue Services
Taxpayer Answer Center
 Frequently Asked Questions 
Email DRS
 My Mailbox 
  show accessible links  
 Search by Category View Category Hierarchy
  Search Tips 

  Answer ID  
  Select a Category  
  Individual Income Tax
    Filing/Completing Return

 Printer Friendly Version of This Answer  Print Answer

 Email This Answer  Email Answer
  What to report on the use tax line

Q. What should I report on the income tax return line for individual use tax?


A. You must report any taxable purchases of goods or service made during the calendar year on which you did not pay Connecticut sales tax to the seller.  For example, use this line to report taxable purchases made on the Internet or by mail order if the seller did not charge the Connecticut sales tax.  For detailed information on the individual use tax, see IP 2009(33), Individual Use Tax.

This answer is intended to provide general information concerning a frequently asked question about a current position, policy, or practice associated with the taxes administered by the Connecticut Department of Revenue Services.  It may include an informal interpretation of Connecticut tax law by the Department of Revenue Services (DRS).  However, it is not intended to serve as a legal ruling.

Back to Search Results
  Back to Search Results  

Home | home | Send Feedback

State of Connecticut Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. Copyright © 2002, 2003, 2004 State of Connecticut.