Connecticut Department of Revenue Services
Return to CT.Gov Home
State of Connecticut Department of Revenue Services
Taxpayer Answer Center
 Frequently Asked Questions 
Email DRS
 My Mailbox 
  show accessible links  
 Search by Category View Category Hierarchy
  Search Tips 

  Answer ID  
  Select a Category  

 Printer Friendly Version of This Answer  Print Answer

 Email This Answer  Email Answer
  Renewal of sales tax permit

Q. How do I renew my Sales and Use Tax permit?


A. Your Sales and Use Tax Permit expires every two years and is automatically mailed to you as long as your account remains active. If your permit is not automatically received you can contact the Registration Unit by phone at 860-297-4885 during business hours (8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m., weekdays) or in writing at:

Department of Revenue Services
Registration Maintenance Unit
PO Box 2937
Hartford CT 06104-2937

Be sure to include your Connecticut Tax Registration Number in all correspondence with DRS. There is no charge for renewal of your Sales and Use Tax Permit.

This answer is intended to provide general information concerning a frequently asked question about a current position, policy, or practice associated with the taxes administered by the Connecticut Department of Revenue Services.  It may include an informal interpretation of Connecticut tax law by the Department of Revenue Services (DRS).  However, it is not intended to serve as a legal ruling.

  Users who viewed this answer have also viewed
Back to Search Results
  Back to Search Results  

Home | home | Send Feedback

State of Connecticut Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. Copyright © 2002, 2003, 2004 State of Connecticut.