Connecticut Department of Revenue Services
Return to CT.Gov Home
State of Connecticut Department of Revenue Services
Taxpayer Answer Center
 Frequently Asked Questions 
Email DRS
 My Mailbox 
  show accessible links  
 Search by Category View Category Hierarchy
  Search Tips 

  Answer ID  
  Select a Category  
  Tax Enforcement Issues

 Printer Friendly Version of This Answer  Print Answer

 Email This Answer  Email Answer
  Release of lien

Q.  How can I get a lien released?


A.  If the lien was placed by DRS, you must pay all past due and current Connecticut state taxes in full in order to have the lien released. For real estate liens, DRS will issue a Certificate of Discharge of Tax Lien to you which you must file with the town clerk's office in the town in which the property is located. For UCC liens, we will issue the discharge to the Connecticut Secretary of State.  If you have further questions about a lien, call the DRS Lien Unit during business hours (8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m., weekdays) at 860-297-5897.

This answer is intended to provide general information concerning a frequently asked question about a current position, policy, or practice associated with the taxes administered by the Connecticut Department of Revenue Services.  It may include an informal interpretation of Connecticut tax law by the Department of Revenue Services (DRS).  However, it is not intended to serve as a legal ruling.

  Users who viewed this answer have also viewed
Back to Search Results
  Back to Search Results  

Home | home | Send Feedback

State of Connecticut Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. Copyright © 2002, 2003, 2004 State of Connecticut.